Intermeccanica Model "S"
The Intermeccanica “S” is a custom built high quality reproduction of the iconic 1958 model, featuring in-house designed, built tubular steel perimeter chassis and Canadian made one piece composite body. The Intermeccanica “S” is the single best way to put yourself behind the wheel of this motoring legend. Few sports cars of the last century can truly claim to have reached icon status, the 356-A Speedster envisioned by Max Hoffman is without doubt one of these. If you strive for a similar experience, choosing an Intermeccanica is the only way to go! Whether you opt to build your Intermeccanica “S” with traditional four cylinder air cooled running gear, modern liquid cooled or the breathtaking air cooled six cylinder running gear option you will be behind the wheel of one of automotive history’s quintessential sports cars! Do not take our word for it, talk to an Intermeccanica owner or better yet driver one yourself to see! Each Intermeccanica “S” is meticulously assembled to the original specifications and materials.
- Power roll-up glass side windows with positive seal at windscreen
- “Low bow” fully articulated convertible tops
- Choice of either Model “S” bucket or Model “D” reclining seats
- Full custom construction hand-built to customer specifications
- Original style cockpit layout with ample space and leg-room (even for drivers over six feet)
- Original restoration grade detail and materials throughout
- Intermeccanica designed and fabricated- tube-steel chassis
- Canadian made one-piece, hand-laid ISO resin composite body, box-section hood, trunk and doors
- Oven post-cured body to guarantee fibreglass stability
- High-quality body preparation and paint, utilizing epoxy primer and Glasurit German acrylic urethane paint
- Full cut-polish finish
- Dedicated body and suspension assembly by Intermeccanica staff utilizing a combination of in-house fabricated components and top quality original restoration parts