Intermeccanica Model "D"
The Intermeccanica Roadster “D” is a custom built high quality reproduction of the 1959 356-A Convertible D, featuring in-house designed and built tubular steel perimeter chassis and a Canadian made one piece composite body. The Intermeccanica Roadster “D” is our flagship model with its timeless style and its magnificent cabin featuring the unique one year only (1959) windscreen and fully developed convertible top, you will enjoy your Roadster “D” just as much with the top up as you will with the top down. The perfect choice for drivers over six feet and those who enjoy the open air but can appreciate enhanced wind protection and great visibility with the top up! Each Roadster “D” is meticulously assembled to the original specifications and material.
- Original Convertible D windshield and top with large rear window for excellent top-up visibility/wind protection
- Original Convertible D glass roll up side windows with positive seal on all sides
- Intermeccanica designed Stayfast cloth top with zippered rear window for optimum visibility and durability
- Full custom construction hand-built to customer specifications
- Original style cockpit layout with ample space and leg-room (even for drivers over six feet)
- Original restoration grade detail and materials throughout
- Intermeccanica designed and fabricated- tube-steel chassis
- Canadian made one-piece, hand laid ISO resin composite body, box-section hood, trunk and doors
- Oven post-cured body to guarantee fiberglass stability
- High-quality body preparation and paint, utilizing epoxy primer and Glasurit German acrylic urethane paint
- Full cut-polish finish
- Dedicated body and suspension assembly by Intermeccanica staff utilizing a combination of in-house fabricated components and top quality original restoration parts